- App crashed due to a notification -
- Try playing the app again with your device’s “Focus” mode activated which will temporarily hide all notifications. See the next FAQ to learn how to use “Focus” or “Do Not Disturb” mode.
- App crashed due to my child touching the screen -
- If the crash could have been caused by your child touching the screen, we recommend trying again with your device out of your child’s reach.
- App crashed for an unknown reason -
- If you are unsure of the potential cause for the crash, let us know! All crash data is important to us as it helps us build a better app. Before you try the app again, we recommend first restarting your device and if the issue persists, to delete and download the app again.
If you need to pause the app during the movies, you can hold one finger anywhere on the screen until you see the “Paused” screen. Keep in mind you will have one hour to resume once the app has been paused. To resume, just tap on the arrow in the middle of the screen. You may also want to watch our instructional YouTube video: https://youtu.be/rwcATD5V-XI.
First, we recommend moving the app further away from you and your child so your child can’t reach your device. Alternatively, you can activate your device’s “Guided Access” mode, which will temporarily disable any movement on your device behind a password that you set up. For instructions on how to use “Guided Access”, visit Apple’s instructional webpage, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202612 or watch Apple’s instructional YouTube video, How to use Guided Access on iPad | Apple Support.
If your child is disinterested or upset during the movies, feel free to stop and try again later. We want to capture the best version of your child when they are well rested, well-fed, and in a good mood to watch the app.
Depending on when you and your child join the S2K study, you will be asked to use the app when your child turns 6, 9, 12, and 16 months old. You will only be asked to use the app once at each of these time-points, unless we reach out to you and ask that you try again to ensure we have clear data.
Yes, the link and QR code can be used multiple times. However, you will receive a unique link and QR code each time we ask you and your child to use the app (at most, at 6, 9, 12, and 16 months old).